Mr Arash Taheri MBBS (Hons), BMedSci (Hons), FRACS (Orth)
Graduating from the University of Tasmania in 2001 with Honours, Arash undertook and completed his Orthopaedic training in Western Australia. Arash has built upon his career with international fellowship experience. Working with surgeons across America and in particular, the University of Southern California – Keck Medicine where he spent 7 months learning robotic joint replacement. Since his return, Arash has been pioneering Robotic Joint Replacement and Robotic Surgery at Joondalup Health Campus.
Arash is an active member of the Orthopaedic community being a key driver in establishing the Enhanced Recovery Program (ERP) at Joondalup Health Campus for joint replacement patients. The ERP program has resulted in an enhanced patient experience by a collaborative team approach that is actively reducing the length of hospital stay, improved pain management and faster recovery times.
Arash has subspecialty interest in the following procedures:
- Fully computer navigated total knee replacement (TKR)
- Robotic arm assisted partial knee replacement (MAKOPlasty)
- Sports knee injuries (all inside ACL reconstruction, MCL, Meniscal repair)
- Robotic arm assisted total hip replacement (MAKOPlasty – THR)
- Gluteal tendon reconstruction
- Hamstring repair including proximal hamstring avulsion
- Knee (ACL/MCL reconstruction, Meniscal repair)
- Ankle (ATFL reconstruction and arthroscopy)
- Elbow (Tennis Elbow)
- All emergency upper and lower limb trauma
- Joondalup, Glengarry and Hollywood Private Hospitals
- Joondalup Health Campus (public patients)